where education, care & play go hand in hand
Pre School Room
Our Pre-School room, is the largest of the nursery, and includes key area’s such as role-play, construction, mathematics, literacy, small world and a creative area. As this is the last year before your child will move onto Primary School we introduce more structured learning to ensure they are prepared for the next stage in their education.
What Pre-School room has to offer
- We introduce a homework pack and registration time
- Ample learning opportunities based on Pre-School curriculum.
- Interactive whiteboard to promote ICT skills.
- Termly topic work keeping parents informed of our projects and how they can contribute to their child’s learning at home.
- In-room library where each week the children are able to choose a book to take home.
- End of the year transition forms completed to help pass information on to their primary school.
- Dedicated outdoor play area for Pre-Schoolers
- Nursery pets to help encourage care and concern for living things
Settling in process
To ensure your child has the smoothest transition when joining the nursery they will need to visit the nursery, meet the staff and begin the settling in process.
A visit will be carried out to give you and your child the time to get to know us and for us to get to know you. The nursery will then work with you and your child to arrange settling in days to give your child time to familiarise themselves with the setting and bond with our team.
We ask that parents provide us with written details of likes and dislikes; so they feel as close to home as possible.
A key person will then be selected for your key child based on who they feel most comfortable with.